Wednesday, March 5, 2008

It's DEAD!!

The truck that is. Our 80's something Chevy 4x. Our wood haulin' truck for Ohio. We bought her on Ebay in'05 for 1500. I loved going for wood in the Hocking Hills. $10 for all the wood you could haul out. I felt like a real country girl! It was hard work, but so satisfying. I never dreaded doing it. I loved watching my husband rip through the logs and then hand me the saw! If I could have gotten it started.........but hey! I could chop....sort of :) So now we are down to one car and haven't figured out what to do yet. My husband may be a genius mechanic but if you don't have the room in which to do it and $1500 for a new engine, well, you make do! Someone who fixes up stuff like this is interested in it, so we may get a little out of it instead of paying to fix it. Then we start praying.

No comments: